Report for the period 9/1/2009 – 12/31/2009
Accomplishments and activities during this period:
1. Conducted major reviews of project plan
a. Faculty design review
b. Project team design review
2. Presented project overview at Urban Library Council’s Partners Conference on
December 3, 2009: Building a Regional Green Economy by Shawna Thorup
(Fayetteville Public Library, Executive Director) and Don Marr (City of
Fayetteville, Mayor’s Chief of Staff)
a. Slides attached
b. Presentation selected for highlighting in Urban Library Council newsletter
3. Selected and ordered Solectria 13kW, 480v, 3-phase commercial grid-tie inverter
4. Secured reduced price from BP for solar panels which will allow us to greatly
increase the size of the solar array.
5. Structural mounting design plans underway based on component selection
6. Educational kiosk hardware selection is complete.
a. The display will be a 37’ interactive touch-screen system from DT
Research. This will tie into the library’s existing digital signage
infrastructure and management system.
b. The mount will be a mobile system from Forms and Surfaces similar to the one seen here:
7. Secured appropriate permits